The M5 is an electronic-based machine designed for fast production lines.
The application speed is up to 100 packs per minute (ppm). In double and triple lane configurations, the system can reach respectively 200 and 300 ppm.
The applicator head has one arm operated by two servomotors: the best solution for high speeds. The M5 applies the tape carry handle quickly and precisely.
Mactec carries out the Speed Test in real time on the packaging, according to the kind of pack and the application needed (top handle, oblique handle, etc.). This test ensures the precision of the application and a considerable reduction of critical issues.
- Top handle
- Oblique handle
- Side handle
- Carton pack handle
- Bottom handle
PLC with touch screen
The PLC - Programmable Logic Controller, controls and manages the entire application cycle of the machine.
The PLC main functions are to:
- Synchronize all moving parts
- Manage the space between the packs transiting on the conveyor system
- Apply the self-adhesive carry handle at the proper time
It is equipped with a multilingual operator interface: an operator-friendly touch screen panel from Siemens or Allen Bradley. The operator can easily set up the change of the packaging format or make other pre-set operations.
The PLC checks the functioning status of the machine by displaying warnings or alarm messages. It is also possible to connect the handle applicator to the manufacturer via internet in case of technical problem solving (remote assistance).
The application cycle requires optimal speed control, according to:
- the speed of the customer’s production line where the handle applicator machine is installed
- the type of pack to be handled.
- the kind of application (top, bottom, carton, etc.) and the dimensions of self-adhesive carry handle.